Would you like to be a deaf presenter?
Would you like to share your experiences as a deaf adult?
This week the NDCS have announced the following Deaf Presenter training opportunity :
“We know from feedback given by parents that meeting deaf adults not only inspires them but also reinforces that having a child who is deaf doesn’t mean that they can’t achieve. This event is specifically aimed at deaf volunteers over 18 yrsinterested in sharing their experiences with families at our family weekend events. Come along and have some fun!“
The training will be taking place on the weekend of 16th – 18thMarch in Manchester. The venue is: Mercure Manchester PiccadillyHotel, Piccadilly Plaza, Portland Street, Manchester, M1 4PH
The timings for the weekend are:
Registration from 6pm onwards on Friday 16th March (dinner provided)
· Closing session at 2pm on Sunday 18th March (lunch will be provided as the last meal)
The content for the weekend will include the following areas:
· Introduction to the NDCS family weekend programme.
· Volunteer roles at the family weekends
· Communicating effectively – Transactional analysis
· Child protection
· Managing group dynamics – introduction to WILMA and FRED
· Presentations and facilitation – activities (including forum theatre and role plays)
· Other exciting volunteering opportunities within the families programme at NDCS will be shared.
Travel will be reimbursed and refreshments throughout the weekend will be provided.
Spaces are available for this training weekend so please complete the attached registration and send back to me either to this email address by 6thMarch 2012. Upon receiving your registration form, you will be sent further information about the training weekend.
Please contact Valerie for more information: Valerie.email@example.com