Last Friday the superb annual Moving On event took place. This Connexions Event for deaf young people grows and improves every year. The goodies bags always go down a treat with everyone but the information available this year from the many exhibitors was outstanding. Cambridge Music also attended, giving many young people the opportunity to try a range of musical instruments.
To help the young people approach the exhibitors to ask questions, the organisers co-ordinate a quizsheet. At the end of the day, after handing in their completed sheets, the students also have the potential to win many different prizes, donated by the exhibitors. Many PDDCS members walked away with many nice treats.
The Citation in Full:
- She has been an inspiration to her mainstream peers as well as many children and adults (both deaf and hearing).
- Chyanne attends a lot of events as well as agricultural college one day a week to help her towards her goal of going to Uni.
- Huge support to her peers, other students and her community.
- At College, she helps students, mostly adults with learning needs,
- Volunteers at her local deaf group and sells her art to raise money for it
- Provides deaf awareness training and openly speaks about her experiences
- Chyanne does not find her deafness a barrier to her success